RE: [oletrucks] shocks (springs)

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] shocks (springs)
From: Thomas Allen <thomasa@halcyon.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:56:09 -0800
I have used an aerosol product known as open gear grease on leaf springs
and it seems to make the ride both smoother and quieter. It is intended for
use on industrial machinery but works fine on springs plus it's cheap. The
grease is disolved in a solvent that evaporates, leaving a glazed surface
that's hard and slick. I douse the spring leaves with it when I take them
apart and have had some luckspraying it on the edges when the truck is
hacked up with no weight on the springs. It is messy, though so I wouldn't
use it on a show truck, just on daily drivers.

-Tom Allen
51 3800 PU

At 02:26 PM 3/30/99 -0600, Terry Stellman wrote:
>Chevy Duty has what you are talking about called Poly Ride Liner part no.
74-935 on page 57 in their catalog.  Price is $44.95 for both springs.

>Terry Stellman
>1949 3600
>Missouri City, Texas

Especially
>       on any precautions I should take. (I just found out my motor is pfffft -
and
>       it took me $125 to find out).  Geeesh - did they see me coming or what?
>
>       Bert <with a 58 Apache - and a sad heart>
>http://members.tripod.com/~Chevy_Apache_1958

Tom Allen
Seattle, WA