Re: [oletrucks] Help, and an update...

To: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help, and an update...
From: Andrew Roberts <arobs@becker.u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:48:51 -0800 (PST)
Alan,

I had the same problem with my sending unit.  It turns out that the
mounting plate at the top of the sender needed to be rotated 90 degrees.

The five screw holes are not quite evenly spaced.  I had to try my sending
unit in several positions before I got it right.  Then the carriage bolt
at the top of the sender had to be loosened so I could rotate the rest of
the unit so that the float could swing through its full arc.  You might
want to try removing the mounting plate from the sender, turning it until
the holes line up, and then remounting the rest of the sender on it.

I hope this makes some sort of sense.  It's probably worth a try before
you start welding on your gas tank.

Andrew Roberts
'49 3600