[oletrucks] [Fwd: 59 Apache timing chain]

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] [Fwd: 59 Apache timing chain]
From: TOM WARNER <twwood@mail.mia.bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 17:12:07 -0400
--------------392E74675DDE93AFE030273C

I also tied to reply, but got my message returned.
Tom Warner
58 short fleetside

--------------392E74675DDE93AFE030273C

Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 10:28:43 -0400
From: TOM WARNER <twwood@mail.mia.bellsouth.net>
To: Jeff Higgins <jmhiggins@earthlink.mail.net>
Subject: Re: 59 Apache timing chain

Jeff, It's been a long time since I have done any work on a chevy inline 6.
but you must consider that the only reason the timing jumped, is due to wear.

therefore you should replace both gears and chain. the labor should be pretty
straight forward, remove whatever you need, to get at the harmonic balancer
and timing gear cover.then replace it all. first thing set the engine on top
dead center.
happy easter!
Tom Warner