Re: [oletrucks] Running boards

To: pfoxtrot@gate.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Running boards
From: TomGreer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 00:39:52 EDT
In a message dated 4/2/99 11:29:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pfoxtrot@gate.net writes:

<< I can't seem to find if I should use any kind of welt material between the
 running boards and the bottom of the bed or fender area. There was nothing
 in there when I took the boards off, but given how this truck was treated
 by the PO, that's the last reason to believe that nothing goes there. If
 there should be, what should I use?

 TYIA >>

Paul,

My '49 3100 has most of the original stuff intact - fortunately the PO (2nd
owner) had it 30 yrs and was rather kind to this oletruck.  Looks to me like
I have some sheet rubber @ 1/8" thick that fits in there; from just behind
the front fender to just behind the door.  I have an air gap from where it
stops (behind the door) to the back of the cab.

Hope this helps.

Tom
'49 3100 5window