RE: [oletrucks] heater core and tweaked frame woes

To: "Oletrucks-email list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] heater core and tweaked frame woes
From: "Andrew Thor" <AndrewThor@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 09:58:59 -0500
Take care with running too much pressure in your cooling system even with
the new core.  If you had your radiator re-corded (like I did when I put my
V8 in) they would have used the old tanks from the original radiator and
those tanks are used to 7 psi Vs the 12-14psi a modern system uses.  Moral
of the story is to use a 7 psi radiator cap or you could leak where the tank
is attached to the core.  I have and after 5100 miles it runs perfect at 195
degrees without any overheating.

Andy, 56-3200