[oletrucks] What is my engine??????

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, oldnphat@inet.att.co.kr, rusty1@ptinet.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] What is my engine??????
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 21:04:33 EDT
Ok, Here is the scoop...
I've compiled a list of all the #'s on my engine in an attempt to decipher
what size it is and what year it is. Here's the kicker, I haven't found these
#'s on any list including the ones at Chevytrucks.org!

Here they are:
Raised numbers above starter: CON1  F133.
Stamped letters beside the distributor: LAO 342785
In large letters above the starter:  11
Raised letters near fuel pump: 5, then below GM
Raised numbers on the head: 370 1887
Raised numbers on the intake: 3835590
The valve cover has Chevrolet written on a line, with 4 bolts holding the
cover down.  The push rod cover doesn't cover the plugs but in the middle of
a cover is a 2" long narrow bulbous shape.
It has a small plug on the bottom of the block, approx 1/8" in diam.

It shows signs of either a 235 or a 261.  I just want to know what it is so
as to get parts for the beast!

Thanks in AD vance!
Casey
'47-2 Thriftmaster