Re: [oletrucks] How to "Hop Up" Chevrolet & GMC Engines

To: "Jeremy Eastman" <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] How to "Hop Up" Chevrolet & GMC Engines
From: "Ralph Linnell" <ChevySix@seatac.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:36:19 -0700
Although the Bill Fisher book was originally written many years ago it is
still a good read and has a lot of good info in it. For those of you going
to the Portland Swap meet, Bill is usually there every year. He is usually
in the Smithsonian Building. I was there yesterday for setup day and I did
not see him there but he usually doesn't come in until Friday. If any of you
going to Portland want a copy of that book and cannot find Mr. Fisher, I
know that there is a booth in building 2 in the Northwest corner that has
several copies of that book along  with lots of Inline 6 cylinder
"stuff"(headers, intakes, etc. The booth number I cannot remember, but it is
in the second row from the northwest corner of what we call building two
which is, I believe the 2nd building from the north side of the Expo Center.

It was a neat day there yesterday as I had a vendor pass and for the 2nd
year in a row vendors can sell to vendors only on setup day. I saw five or
six AD trucks for sale, one was a show class truck and they went down hill
from there. I don't remember seeing any TF trucks but I did not make it all
the way around the outside as I was busy until almost noon setting up the
booth that I mentioned above. I bought mainly tools and I found the long
wire bushes (almost like gun cleaning brushes) that I need to finish
cleaning the passages for the Chevy "261" that I am building.
Ralph Linnell

"ChevySix"
ChevySix@seatac.net
http://www.seatac.net/chevysix/
Inliners International Membership Chairman
Inliner # 2132