[oletrucks] Rear Suspension Questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net (trucks)
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Suspension Questions
From: FF22@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:24:57 EDT
Hello to All:
I just got my new rear springs in and I 've taken inventory on the parts need
to restore the rear suspension on my 1950 1/2 ton GMC. I've got a couple of
questions for the experts and experienced crew.

1. Looking through various books and catalogs I have noticed only one leaf
spring on each side, on all Chevy same year pickups. My GMC has a top leaf
spring as well as the bottom. What is its purpose of these springs and where
can I find a replacement pair?

2. There is a part called a Spring Seat. This holds the leaf spring assembly
to the rear axle housing. Inside each spring seat (2), there is a bushing
made of rubber and metal. Does any one know who might carry this part? I've
tried the major parts dealers and no luck so far.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank 1950 GMC 1/2 ton "Original"