[oletrucks] Canadian AD engines (was AD Trivia)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Canadian AD engines (was AD Trivia)
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 22:33:29 -0600
Now I could use some more info or clarification here. I still have the
original engine powering my '52 Canadian Chevy 1314 half-ton and it is a
low-pressure engine which appears to be a 216. I'm not sure about the
size as it still runs great and I haven't had to take it apart (yet). It
definitely not a high-pressure engine and uses the original 0-30 psi oil
pressure gauge. So, can anyone shed some light on the comment below???

Dave Q.
Neuhorst, SK

>From Tom Caperton:
<snip>
- -  Almost all Canadian built GMC pickups prior to 1953 used the
Chevrolet 216 engine, not the 228 and 248 used for US trucks.  The
Canadian Chevrolet used the larger GMC 228 and 248.
<snip> <