Re: [oletrucks] Re: Canadian AD Engines

To: "Dave Quirt" <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Canadian AD Engines
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:15:01 -0400
Unless the Canadian GM frames were different than the US versions, I've read
on the list b4 that the 235/216 engines can't be "just dropped" in.  The
front frame crossmember/engine mount is several inches closer or farther
away than on the Chevy frame (probably farther, considering the beefier GMC
engines) & would allow room for the 216/235 (but would require using a
modified front mounting scheme).

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com