Re: [oletrucks] Monoleaf Springs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Monoleaf Springs
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:57:26 -0400
I installed the mono leaf springs on the front of my trucks, and the ride
is quiet different. I bought the reversed eyes springs from a list member
and I am very pleased with them. The first test drive was horrible till I
figured
out the the springs were bottoming out on the bumpstop on the frame.
I also put shocks that are made to go with the new monos. The ride on the
road is far superior, nowhere near as stiff, I heard some say that
after the monos were a little bouncy for their likeings. Now you cant go
flying over railroad tracks anymore, they will bottom out. I went back and
removed about an inch from the bump stop and cured the problem.
If you hit potholes, you get a nice jolt, but you'd get that anyway.
I personally love the ride as opposed to stock, but just want to say that
these are my opinions. I have heard of other removing them cuz they did
not like the ride. I of course say go for it.    But see if any others have
comments...  The other plus is it did lower the truck about 3 inches.

Wayne

I have photos on my web site.. url is in the signature below...

At 11:38 AM 4/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I am considering a change to monoleaf springs and need experienced advice.
> I realize that it will lower the truck considerably and effect its load
>carrying capacity and handling.
>
>1.) What kind of ride would I expect?  Better than the stock springs or
>worse?
>
>2.) Do I need to adapt to the existing shackles?
>
>In the present condition with stock springs, the ride is soooo rough you
>need a kidney belt!
>
>Tom B. '57 Stepside 3200

---------
                 http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne
For a quick view of oletrucks mailing list members trucks go to:
         http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/member.html