[oletrucks] oletrucks...Re: Saw your truck!!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] oletrucks...Re: Saw your truck!!
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:39:56 -500
Any old truckers down south that might be able to assist this
fellow???
Ping him not me!
Rogerg

> Date:          Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:51:41 -0400
> From:          Allen Newman <newman@idt.net>
> To:            rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu
> Subject:       Saw your truck!!

> It looks great!
>
> I'm looking for junked 1947-54s, preferably in the South. Do you
> know where I might find some?
>
> Thanks,
> Allen Newman

Hi Allen
Last year I took three weeks vacation and drove out west thru the
north and back thru the south... There were quite a few old trucks
laying around in the back, front, side yards and woods everywhere.
Once you get used to knowing what you are looking for, even the most
camouflaged and hidden trucks start to pop out at you.
There were even more that were registered and running in various
condition. I traveled on less than 1/10th of 1% of the roads and
saw plenty so if you take a few weekends and do a little driving
around you will find what you want... A word of advice... Research
...do plenty of it to make sure you know what condition you can live
with. And don't buy the first one you come across. Take a couple of
sandwiches and a six pack and make a couple of day trips thru rural
back woods country with plenty of farms then take slow trips thru
sparsely settled areas. Don't just do the main routes because anything
along these have been spotted and picked over already, although when
I was travelling I saw plenty along major highways. If you find one
in the south it should be in pretty good shape as up north we have to
deal with road salt and rust.
If you do find one you will probably want to join the oletruckers
list to find answers to questions that will crop up from time to
time.
 Send me a note and I can give you the info.
Good luck.
Rogerg