[oletrucks] Different Ratio Rear End??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Different Ratio Rear End??
From: thistle@midcoast.com (Kathy Bray)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:11:47 -0400
Hi,

Since my 1952 half ton pickup has a later (1954) and more powerful engine
than it came with (a 235 instead of a 216), I'm wondering if I shouldn't
change to a different ratio rear end so that the engine doesn't rev up so
much at highway speeds.  Does this sound like it's doable?  Can you just
change the gears inside the existing rear end housing, or is it necessary
to replace everything?  What is a proper ratio for the 235 engine?

Kathy Bray
and "Old Bess" '52 3100

PS  Thanks for all the info on Labarron Bonny and Hampton Coach. I called
them and they are sending samples along with directions to the factory so I
can check them out in person.