[oletrucks] rear ends

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] rear ends
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 23:43:30 -0500
I know that this list is supposed to cover trucks only up to 59, but I
had a question and thought that one of you could help.
I am looking at a 63 3/4 ton 4x4 that is about 99% rust free, and only
has 14,000 original miles on it. It has a 292 6 with a four speed
tranny, and is in very good shape. The problem is is that I am looking
for a daily driver, and according to the owner this truck tops out at
around 50 mph.
Can any of you street guys tell me what kind of rear end may fit into
this beast that would allow me to cruise in the 70 mph range, AND not
hurt the 4 wheel drive capabilities (am I dreaming?)? What about
switching over to an automatic tranny? Can someone tell me what may be
involved there?
Thanks
Brad