Re: [oletrucks] Metwrinch

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Metwrinch
From: GremlinGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 21:09:44 EDT
 Yes, Whitney, I've seen it, too. It looks good, and Sears even has a rip-off
Craftsman socket that "claims" it does the same thing...but there is no
"knob" of metal hanging down inside the socket, it has a somewhat bowed inner
wall, whereas the Metrinch has a more pronounced protrusion to grasp the side
of the nuts. I bought 2 of the Sears sockets, to try them out...I can't say
that I've been overwhelmed by them, but then again, I haven't really tried
them out yet in extreme situations. I think the Metrinch would be better, but
I'm not buying a whole set to find out either! If they'd sell just them
individually, or offer a trial period for just one, then I'd take the chance
and buy one to use it. I "think" it's a very good idea, but until I try it,
I'm not ordering it.

Jerry CAsper
still-parked and unworked-on '55 Suburban