[oletrucks] Blasting off old paint and grime

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Blasting off old paint and grime
From: "The Hansons" <dustyrose@mcn.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 17:14:24 -0600
        Its been awhile since I have posted anything but now it is time to catch
up. I need to strip the paint from my pickup and started the hold with a
multi-sander and that is not getting the job done very easy or quickly. I
have heard that sandblasting can generate heat and warp the metal. I have
also read in magazines that media blasting is the way to go using walnut
shells. But today, I spoke with a fella at work who restored a Mustang and
he had suggested I have my truck soda blasted. Has anybody ever heard of or
had this done? If so what are the "likes" and "dislikes"? I need to have
the inside of the cab stripped as well, is this something that could also
be blasted and if so how difficult are the cleanup procedures inorder to
spray the primer?
        The truck is in pieces and should not be hard to blast. This guy
supposedly did my friends Mustang inside and out for only 300. This is
certainly a price range that I can afford and would save me allot of time
and trouble.
        Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all,
Christian
'59 GMC 150
Napco