Re: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge

To: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge
From: John Maertens <mcdac@rconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:15:47 -0500
Tim ,
    Thanks for the tip to the group. I removed my sending unit last night and
found the same broken copper strap. I had another sending unit, so popped it in
and had it fixed in minutes. I even had a 1/2 tank of gas that I didn't know
about.
    Is it possible to fix the strap? I made an attempt at soldering but that
didn't work. It looks like the strap is riveted at both ends.  Anyone ever
repair one of these?
    Thanks,
John '51 1/2 Ton
Minnesota