RE: [oletrucks] intake manifold paint

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, "'Gerry Deibert'" <gerryrd@verendrye.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] intake manifold paint
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:25:19 -0500
My understanding is that originally, the manifolds were attached to the
engine when the engine was painted and thus were painted engine color.
As you would expect, the paint very quickly burned off of the exhaust
manifold and then the manifold became rusty. I'm not going for a show
truck either and I intend to purchase the very high temp cast iron gray
paint that several vendors sell for manifolds (Eastwood, Bill Hirsch,
etc.) and paint both intake and exhaust cast iron. I'm sure others may
have different opinions.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3600 (in pieces all over the shop)
Paducah, KY
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America (VCCA) #37113