[oletrucks] '55-'59 GMC's guages

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '55-'59 GMC's guages
From: "Pat Wilson '56GMC Napco" <crankit@fcmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 10:56:08 -0800
Hello all my fellow GMC people!
Just thouht I would pass on a tid bit of info. I had done to my guages
if you can't find any NOS. guages. There is a green plastic stip inside the
guage which transfers the light from the light bulb though it on to the face of
the guage illuminating it in a green tint. What I had done is to carefully take
each guage and pry the outer tin ring lip out and remove it, then the glass and
I believe a gasket?, then you will find this green plastic strip, you will or
should notice that it is faded on half of the strip, just flip it over, and now
it should have the green side (not faded) in line with the light bulb and now
illuminate through this portion of green. Just a tid bit.
Pat

Pat (crankit)

Sent by FortuneCity Mail at http://www.fortunecity.com

Join now and receive 20Mb of free web space and E-mail