[oletrucks] gauges

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] gauges
From: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:37:30 -0600 (MDT)
> of the guage illuminating it in a green tint. What I had done is to
> carefully take each guage and pry the outer tin ring lip out and remove it,
Somewhat on this topic, the bezel (the metal and glass facing) on my
leftmost instrument gauge is slightly loose, and tends to rotate around
about 15 degrees due to the vibrations of normal driving.  I've tried to
remove the bezel from the front of the dashboard, but with no luck.

Does anyone have any tips for removing the bezel without having to detach
the instrument gauge, or is this an inevitability?  My Chevy 1954 repair
manual has nothing on this topic.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
"War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and
multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses." -Thomas Jefferson
"Do not be too moral.  You may cheat yourself out of much of life.  So aim
above morality.  Be not simply good; be good for something." -Thoreau
"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
life itself." -Robert Zubrin