Re: [oletrucks] Window fuzzies

To: AKAMF@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Window fuzzies
From: Ken Deffenbach <kdfnbc@gate.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:01:09 -0400
>trying to get those window, anti rattle fuzzies and I can't get any
>of them in. They have green, round clips on them with a slit in the middle of
>each clip. (--)  They WILL NOT go eaisily into the holes in the door.  When I
>do get them forced into the hole they literlly fall out when I roll up or
>down the window.

I had this same problem and found that the clips are not installed at the
proper height. The fuzzy sits lower than it should, allowing the fuzzy to
roll when the window is cranked. The round clips also would not go into my
frame holes and stay in. They seem to be a bit shorter than stock. I used a
set of clips from '60-'72. They use a different style clip that fits and
holds better.

I had to remove the old clips and install the new ones lower on the fuzzy
so that the fuzzy is properly supported by the door frame. If you wish a
fancier look, the '60-'72 fuzzy is chromed and fits the frame well enough.
The clips still have to repositioned though.

Ken