[oletrucks] ANY OTHER AD GMC HYDRA-MATIC OWNERS ON THE LIST?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] ANY OTHER AD GMC HYDRA-MATIC OWNERS ON THE LIST?
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 01:27:32 EDT
        I've been on this list for a few months now and all of my posts have
been related to my '53 gmc with Hydra-matic. I've gotten an incredidble
amount of information and guidance from the list and I wanted to thank all
the people who have helped me and also the people that maintain this list.
         Last march I purchased a '53 GMC w/Hydra-matic and a '50 parts
truck. The trucks are both pretty much basketcases but they are complete and
I feel I have the skill to totally restore the '53. I haven't touched the
trucks since I parked them next to my shop in march because I'm finishing up
a restoration of a 65 rustang. when I'm not working on the rustang I'm
probably trying to find information about my trucks. So far I've bought shop
& assembly manuals and several specialized Hydra-matic manuals that give
specifications and detail the guts of the Hydra-matic tranny, but,
expectedly, none of these manuals give any sort of production figures for
trucks equiped with this transmission- Does anyone know where I could look to
find production figures for GMC's with this tranny?
        Lastly, are there any other AD GMC Hydra-matic owners on the list? I
have come across posts in the archives relating to TF GMC Hydra-matics, but
no AD Hydra-matic stuff. I would love to talk with anyone who owns a
Hydra-matic truck, has ridden in one, or worked on/ modified one.
        Also, what year did they first put the Hydra-matic in GMC's? One of
my books says '49 while another says '52? TIA!

 Dustin

clllsls@aol.com