Re: [oletrucks] VINTAGE TIRE SEARCH

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] VINTAGE TIRE SEARCH
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:44:22 EDT
Coker (Chatanooga, TN) has tires similar to what you are asking for here. .
.not sure on sizes as they  weren't what I was looking for. . .

Mark Noakes

<<Hi:  can anyone shed some light on what vintage off road tires are
available out there?   Originally, I had seen a set of Goodyear Xtra
Grips on a 57 napco 3100. But, these are out of production.  I am
looking for a comparable style.  Basically, I want a military style, non
directional. The vintage tire suppliers have plenty of military tires but I
didn't see any that looked as nice as the xtra grips.  Joe Fox has a set
of nice off road tires on his new 55 napco sub but I can't find them and
he says they are oldies that are shined up.
I have spoken with Goodyear because I found a custom xtra grip on
one of their Australia sites - a real nice tire - but they said that they
would be very expensive to have shipped into the US.  They told me
about a workhorse m&s that is a non directional aggressive tire but I
can't find a pic on the internet.
I want to use this style of tire on my 51 3100 deluxe 4x4, 58 napco sub
and 57 sub.  I like a somewhat thin tire as opposed to a swamper. I
prefer the tractor style tread with the nice knobs.  I don't want
anything too skinny.  For those interested, the custom xtra grip can be
viewed at the web site:
www.goodyear.com.au/guide/truck/xtragrip.html.

Joe Fox sent pics of his new 55 napco sub so for those interested in
seeing his tires, I or he  - probably better to bother me - can send his
picture.  He says they are Firestones but the Firestone people do not
recognize them and I did send them a pic. >>