[oletrucks] Hydra-matic cooler

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hydra-matic cooler
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:51:05 EDT
I was wondering if anyone knows how to hook up a tranny cooler to the older
hydra-matics or if it was offered as an option from GMC/ Chevrolet. I've been
told that pontiac offered an option package on thier '54 Hydra-matic police
cars and taxis that included a heavy-duty external oil cooler (mounted on
tranny), and higher pressure water pump and rad. I also understand that all
the GM divisions (except olds.) used the same case on thier Hydra-matics, so
all oil circuit connections should be the same.

1)Would a Pontiac assembly manual or accessory installation manual detail the
connections for a cooler?

2)On, say, a TH 350 or other common automatic, where does the cooler go in
terms of location in the oil cicuit?

Please help. I don't want this transmission to be the weak link. TIA.

Dustin Allmaras
clllsls@aol.com
53 GMC 1/2-long Hydra-matic