RE: [oletrucks] BLOWN rear end seal.....

To: "'VIKINGHILL@aol.com'" <VIKINGHILL@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] BLOWN rear end seal.....
From: Tom Burt <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:54:53 -0700
Casey,

In a pinch...If you cannot find the correct replacement gasket, you can
make a new gasket out of sheet-stock of similar thickness and composition.
 Two methods which may be useful:

1.)  Lay out the sheet-stock and place the diff. cover over the material
and trace out the holes and overall basic shape.  Measure the width (for
inside dimension) with a ruler and translate the width(s) to the existing
trace on the sheet-stock.

2.)  If you can carefully remove or salvage the old gasket, simply place it
on the stock and trace out the dimensions.  If the gasket is wet with oil,
tracing may not be necessary as it will automatically transfer it's shape
to the stock.

Tom B. '57 Stepside 3200