[oletrucks] Smokey's Oil Pressure

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Smokey's Oil Pressure
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 18:43:26 EDT
    Smokey, remember that you have a full pressure engine in your '59 235,
but the gauge in your early AD was calibrated for the recirculating splash
oil system of the original 216 which ran at something like half of the 235's
oil pressure. As I understand it, you should be seeing readings at the top of
the old AD gauge, something like 30 lbs or better.
    Somebody may have switched out the gauge, and I understand an AD Jimmy
gauge will fit right in and a decal is available to show the new readings in
the old Chevy style. If you are really getting less than 20 psi on your 235,
I think that would be just cause to look into the matter further.
    Everything I have just said is based on books and other posts to this
list. My own project is not on the road yet. Comments from people with actual
235 experience would be nice to hear.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html