Re: [oletrucks] Problem with pedals..

To: RickK10071@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Problem with pedals..
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 22:25:27 EDT
RickK10071@aol.com writes:

<< I am trying to remove the brake master cyclinder on my 1957 3600. I
removed
 the bolts and brake lines but I have been unable to get the curved brake
 pedal arm coming through the floorboards to separate from the pivot arm that
 actuates the master cylinder. It is almost impossible to get an angle where
 5 lb hammer can be much help. Anyone else know of a way to get this to let
 go? I am almost at the point of sawing the brake pedal off of the arm and
 trying to reatttach it later. Help!

 Rick in Iowa
 57 3600 (took 3 trips to get it all home) >>

  If it's like the one's on my '57 and '59, I believe there is a cotter pin
on a small shaft that the peddle rides on, pull the pin, knock out the shaft,
and the peddle falls down.

  It's been a few years since I rebuilt my m/c, but I'm pretty sure that's
how it is.

  Mike