[oletrucks] driveline questions and project update

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] driveline questions and project update
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:11:52 -0700
I have completed the repairs on the floor, step plates and cab corners. It
is now time to do a little touch up blasting and paint the bottom of the
cab. I just made a deal on a rebuilt 350 with a few goodies in it. I need a
transmission before I set up the driveline.

Question 1: Can I make a 4 speed overdrive (700R4, 2004R, or 4L60) connect
to a 3 speed column shift out of a 78 van without headaches? Can I buy the
plastic indicator somewhere with the proper symbols on it? Will the detents
give me any trouble? Anybody hooked up the shifter with a cable instead of
the steel linkage?

Question 2: Can I buy only the main rear leaf, without the rest of the
spring? A reversed eye main leaf would be even better.