[oletrucks] Alternater Pulley

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Alternater Pulley
From: Reed Wagstaff <reedw@research.usu.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:22:08 -0600
I am changing over from the 6-volt generator to 12-volt alternator and have
solved most of the problems except:  what do you do about the wide belt that
is used on the 216 engine and getting a pulley on the Alternator that fits.
The NAPA parts guy suggested that I take the pulley off of the old
generator, but the fan and pulley are one piece and won't fit on the
alternator.  I have tried running with a narrow belt and it sounds like
there is a pig in great distress under the hood.

Reed Wagstaff
'50 3100