Re: [oletrucks] 292 Engine.

To: "David G Shier" <dshier@rmi.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 292 Engine.
From: "HeavyChevy" <heavychevy@heavychevy.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:26:34 -0500
David, I have just finished installing a 292 / Turbo 350 in my 1955 1st.
The motor is longer, but it will fit. I used a set of motor mounts and
bought the headers from the same place, This turned out to be the biggest
mistake of the whole project. The headers work great, but the way the
mounts were made the front header ends about 1" from the top of the mount.
I had to make another left motor mount,so I could use the headers.
Everything else worked out  pretty easy. I used an electric fan in front of
the radiator. This truck is my daily driver and I have had no problems with
it.
Thanks, David