[oletrucks] Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead -- Maybe

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead -- Maybe
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:06:32 EDT
    This morning I went to the DMV prepared to do battle with the FOE (Forces
Of Evil) yet again. They had succeeded in throwing numerous roadblocks into
the process of registering the old AD 3600 and had me jumping over more than
a few barriers, so I had come prepared for a battle royal. As it happened,
the battle turned out to be between the DMV and the DMV rather than between
the DMV and me.
    The point of contention this time was the Certified Weight Certificate.
The DMV insisted I provide one, I baulked, unwilling to spend the $100 or so
to a tow company to transport my non drivable truck. Available car trailers
are too small for this truck.
    The appointment was set early, to allow plenty of time for the combatants
to maneuver, and I came armed with official GM literature. As it turned out,
I merely "displayed" those documents, like "displaying" or "brandishing" a
gun will often deter a criminal, the issue was settled. The information was
transferred off the old "pink" slip and the action moved to the DMV vs. DMV
battle. In the end, my rather personable clerk ended up calling in a
supervisor and the two of them waded into the stacks of manuals and persuaded
the computer over the course of more than an hour, to accept this old AD with
a new VIN, new title, new registration, YOM plates and a Temporary Operating
Certificate.
    When I got back to the shop, I looked over the paperwork over before
filing it. Sure enough I spotted a possible problem. After all was said and
done, the print out still listed the old license plate number. Now we will
just have to wait until the documents come back from Sacramento to find out
if there is really a problem. Aaaauugh!!!

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html