Re: [oletrucks] Changing An Oil Filter on a 235

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Changing An Oil Filter on a 235
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 19:32:07 -0400
All the recent posts about oil filters reminds me of an issues I'd been
meaning to post.  What kind of filter fits in the old oil filter cannister
on a 1953 235 engine?  The last two times I've changed my oil, my nextdoor
neighbor (who owns an engine rebuilding shop) gave me a filter to use.  I
believe they are from an older F**d engine.  He had them laying around his
shop.  I like Fram filters....any ideas which Fram will fit??

Also, when I change the filter, I have lots of old, dirty oil left in the
bottom of the cannister after I take the old filter out.  I have to soak it
out with paper towels.  This is incredibly messy.  Is there a better way?
Am I missing a simpler way to get the old oil out of the cannister?  Many
thanks for your help!
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100