Re: [oletrucks] Cooling System Questions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cooling System Questions
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 10:17:23 -0700
I'm also using the 7lb cap with an original radiator recored with a staggered
tube/louvered fin core, a water pump from Patrick's, and a 160F thermo.  The
freshly rebuilt 261 runs at about 170F.

What's pretty hot?  When I broke in the cam on the 261, it probably burned a
little hot at first (less than 190F), but has settled down to the 170F.  Once
the engine is broke in, I'll probably switch to the 185F thermo.  Good luck!