[oletrucks] harmonic balancer

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] harmonic balancer
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:58:22 -0400
Two questions for the group:
Does anyone have a good method for adjusting the mixture on a
Rochester B carb?  I've used a vacuum gauge as the book
suggests but when I open up the mixture, the vacuum increases
slightly but then stays the same no matter how far you loosen it
(21 psi).  Where in that range should I stop?

Also, I have a little front-to-rear wobble in my harmonic balancer
(about 1/4 inch).  The radiator is already installed and it's kind of
hard to get to so I was wondering if I should leave well enough
alone or take it off and try to re-mount it.  The engine times out well
and runs great otherwise so I don't think the crankshaft is bent.???
Thanks in advance,
Joe

Joe Clark
Southern Appalachian Field Laboratory