Re: [oletrucks] Big Block Chevy

To: "John & Vicki Garton" <wishful@syix.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Big Block Chevy
From: "Bob Welch" <rwelch@ionet.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 08:01:33 -0500
The BBC is the same length from the motor mounts back (to a common point
such as the bellhousing) but the heads extend further back than a SBC.  I
don't know about the trucks, but 5-6-7 passenger cars require moving the
front mounts forward approx 3/4" or so unless you want to beat the firewall
in.

Best approach is to bolt engine and trans together and trial fit in frame -
check exhaust header, distributor, fan/radiator, etc clearances.

Seen quite a few trucks w/BBC - can't be that difficult - be careful and
check everything.  -Bob