Re: [oletrucks] AD Sheetmetal

To: "dave riffel" <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>, <bluebell@train.missouri.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD Sheetmetal
From: "Michael and Stephany Zaic" <mzaic@athens.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 17:22:46 -0400
Guys,
        I've got Chevy inner and outer fenders on my 52 GMC.  I've compared the
front sheet metal from my 53 GMC 150 parts truck, 53 Chevy 3100 parts
truck, and the 49 Chevy fenders which were on my 52 GMC 150 project truck
at time of purchase.  Other than the extensive rust on my original GMC
sheet metal, the only differences that I noted were the following:
        The GMC outer fenders have the round holes for the parking lights a few
inches below the headlights.
        The GMC inner fenders have three bolt holes vertically down the front
side
(on the same plane as the radiator) on both L and R inners for grill
mounting.
        With a set of each from each make sitting side by side, I couldn't find
any other difference. I've pulled the entire front clip at one time or
another and swapped some pieces around without any problems, other than
drilling the three holes for the grill bolts.
I hope this helps!
Michael Z.
Watkinsville, GA