[oletrucks] 235 questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 questions
From: RobXR250@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:21:16 EDT
I have a 235 in a 50 3100. The casting #'s above the starter is K 3 5. From
what i got out of the info on the chevytrucks.org page my engine was built
Nov. 3 1955. Now is this considered a 55 or 56 engine? How can i tell if it
came from a car or truck? What is the hp and torque ratings for it? Also what
would be a good tranny to hook up to it. the stock three speed is in bad
shape and im going to open drive shaft this winter. whats a good rear end
gear to have with the tranny?
Thanks alot,
Rob