[oletrucks] off subject, oletrucks community

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] off subject, oletrucks community
From: Thomas M OBrien <tmobrien@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:19:45 -0700
The following is an excerpt of an article that I wrote for our local car
club newsletter and some related quotes I thought you all might
appreciate as a welcome diversion to the previous discussion...Enjoy.

...since my background and training is in the art of science (oxymoron?)
I certainly can appreciate all the knowledge, experience, attention to
detail (in the endless pursuit of perfection), and creativity that goes
into restoring, customizing, or building your own vehicle from the ground
up.  The discipline and patience it takes to gain that knowledge, whether
it be through formal education, reference material (when all else fails
follow the instructions), from the experience of trial & error, or from
friends like those in our club, is certainly worth its weight in gold.
And the knowledge and experience of people like Bob Adler, Wayne Osborne,
Grant Galbraith, et. al., is priceless.  I guess that what I get the most
out of through our club is the sharing of knowledge, ideas, opinion, and
fun too, which provides people with the right "tools" and empowers them
for years to come.  You know what they say:  "Give a man a fish, and you
feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a
lifetime."

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius

"We all learn from our mistakes.  The trick is to learn from the mistakes
of others." - Anon.

"The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked." - Unk.