Re: [oletrucks] Cab Repair-Dolly

To: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cab Repair-Dolly
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:48:24 -0700
I built a wooden dolly specifically for working on the cab of my '53, it made my
life a lot easier. I looked under the cab and based on the location of the mount
and rear mounting brackets I built my dolly. I used some wood that I had
leftover from building a patio cover, the only thing I had to buy was the
casters. I used 2x6's and 2x4's. It works great, the only problem was that when
moving the cab around the garage or outside for drying, it would bounce on the
concrete gaps, to fix this problems I used bungy cords, after duct tape they are
the next best thing to have around the garage, as a matter of fact when I built
my patio cover since I did not have any help to help hold boards and level and
measure I used tons of bungy cords, sorry if too much of the subject.

Hope this helps,

Antonio,