Re: [oletrucks] 261 Overheating Problem

To: JAL12147@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 261 Overheating Problem
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:20:45 -0700 (PDT)
JAL12147@aol.com says:
> it was fine, initially, took it for a 8 - 10 mile ride, no problems.  The
> truck sat for about a week and when I started it up, it was overheating,
> again.  Does anyone have any ideas why I'm having this overheating problem?

Why do you think its the head gasket that is causing the overheating?  Do
you have steam in the exhaust?  coolant in the oil?  If not, then the head
is likely fine.  You mentioned that the radiator doesn't hold pressure.  I
would say that is where the problem is.  Remember highschool physics:

the higher the pressure, the higher the boiling point.

Change to a new radiator cap, like a 13-16 lb unit.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com