[oletrucks] Weight of Oil

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Weight of Oil
From: jvanho01@tir.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:53:54 -0400
I completely rebuilt the 336ci V8 engine in my 58 GMC Suburban Carrier
pickup and was wondering what weight engine oil I should use, will take
suggestions on brand also.  It has new cam, pistons 40 over, rings, crank
turned 10/10, new stainless steel valves, harden seats.  It does have an
oil filter that is mounted direct to the engine so I think it is full flow
(please correct me on this if I am wrong).  Thanks in advance for all your
replies, they are (will be) greatly appreciated.

Jim V. - '58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup V8 Automatic