[oletrucks] 54 Chevy Windshield...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, apache58truck@hotmail.com
Subject: [oletrucks] 54 Chevy Windshield...
From: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:11:53 EDT
Hi Folks-

Well it's been a while since I've had any good leads on an Ole Truck I can
call my own (since the 59 Apache belongs to my son), but this weekend I've
got a chance to buy a 54 stepside!

Before I make the 150 mile round trip (and take time away from the
restoration of Brian's tailgate & hood) I thought I'd ask a few questions of
the list.  Here goes:

1- I was told the windshild glass is broken.... but the guy says (he thinks)
on the 54 it was just straight, flat safety glass that I can get anywhere at
low cost.  Is this true?

2- Also... is there a place on the web that can help me to identify the
original colors that were used on old Chevy trucks?

3- Is the front grill any harded to find than those of other years?  From
what I can tell... the 54 marks a design/style change in the grill.  I
wonder if that might make it tougher to locate.

4- Are there many NOS parts out there for the 54?  If so, where is a good
place to begin looking for them?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions-

Ken

BTW... Is there anyone from the list going to the street rod events held in
Wildwood, NJ this weekend?  If so... let us know.  A bunch of us are
planning to be there tonight or tomorrow night.  Maybe we can meet at the
boardwalk cruise.  Last year there were just a few old Chevy trucks. We hope
to see even more this time!  Let us know.