[oletrucks] Accuracy In Models

To: dshier@rmi.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Accuracy In Models
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:25:10 EDT
    All models are necessarily a compromise. Working features such as opening
doors result in some things being made out of scale for strength. Mirrors are
typical examples. Add to this marketing considerations, such as the need to
produce the replicas at a salable price and the enhanced sales appeal of a
dolled up replica as Bob ADler has related, and you have your compromise.
    The question to my mind is whether or not the model captures the "look"
and "feel" of the full scale car. Many, perhaps even most, of these models
fail that test for me. The widely advertised "Al Capone Cadillac" is an
example of a model that looks so out of scale that my money stays in my
pocket even though the subject is highly appealing. Others, the Danbury '46
Chevy pickup and Suburban models for example, look so good that my money is
at serious risk.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
www.aeromark.net