[oletrucks] painting ?'s

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] painting ?'s
From: mytruck@hehe.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 23:5:21 -0600
I am in the process of doing bodywork and getting closer to the painting
time every weekend.  There are a few points I am unclear on and I
appreciate any tips.  After all is primed and almost ready to paint, how
should the primer be?  as smooth as possible via wet sanding, etc?  Or
roughed up slightly with some fine grade of paper?  (BTW I am using single
stage, no clearcoat.)  What mistake is it that causes so many newly painted
vehicles I have seen to have paint that falls right off the primer?  That
is the one I definitely want to avoid!

Secondly, after it is painted is that it?  I mean, just put some wax on it
and go?  I do not figure it is that easy, but I do not know what comes
between paint and wax steps.

THANKS!!!!!

Tex Carr
59 short 1/2 step