[oletrucks] found '58-'59 Chevy radio? at Carlisle Friday...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] found '58-'59 Chevy radio? at Carlisle Friday...
From: GremlinGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:07:29 EDT
  I'm not sure what year it is, it's rounded, the face plate sticks out WAY
more than the stock one for my '55-2 Chevy truck that I bought some time ago,
but it's similar, so maybe it's a '58 or '59 Radio? couldn't pass it up for
the cheap price, figured I could make a few bucks on it, so if anyone can
tell the difference between 55-57 radios and '58-59 if there is any, I'd
appreciate it. Looks like the front oval chrome has a slight slant to it, and
has standoffs over the tuner and volume switches, whereas my other one is
more straight up and down, and closer to the radio body shell.
                    (5.5  8   11  14 16)

I'll look at it closer this week, see if it's got a date on it. Well, that
was about it for Ol Truck parts...I was shopping mostly for AMC car stuff (
Gremlin, Pacer, Javelin, etc.), but found at least one thing for Task Force
trucks that I wanted to take home, :)  Later!

Jerry
Jcasper@dynetcom.com