[oletrucks] 58/59 Fleetside backup lamps

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 58/59 Fleetside backup lamps
From: "Eric and Linda St.Phillips" <lstphil1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:21:25 -0400
Hi All,
Looking for anyone who can help with installation instructions for a set of
reverse "backup" lights .. sold as an original accessory for 58-59 Chevy and
GMC fleetside (and commercial) pickups. The original parts box , or whats
left of it has a penciled note "needs instruction p116"  I don't know if
that's a page number from a manual or an actual instruction sheet number for
the accessory?
Anyway , if someone  has a set on their truck, could you please measure the
location of the lights (I assume below the brake lights) and also describe
the switch mounting location and configuration.
I have a 4 spd floor shift manual transmission.
Can anyone decipher "p116" ...please help.
Many thanks.
Eric St.Phillips
1959 GMC 100
Fairport, NY