[oletrucks] 3x1 manifold

To: "OleTruck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 3x1 manifold
From: "Eric Johnson" <j.eric1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:46:19 -0700
I was wondering what the purpose of the log manifold is?
I have an old 5 port McGurk with 3-1brl carbs hooked to a 302 head thats
hooked to a 270 block. I was wondering if I take off my log and bolt my
carbs right on to my down draft tubes if this would work any better or
worse.
It would be like motorcycles are and I wouldn't have to heat any manifold.
The down draft tubes get hot on thier own, being bolted up to the head. I
undestand why the manifold if you're going to use 1,2 or 5 carbs, but if you
got 3 with a 3 port head, why the manifold. I hope somebody can staighten me
out on this, cause I have been wondering about this for a long time. But in
the mean time I'm going to strap some 1/2" soft copper to the sides of the
log and run my coolant thru there since I finally understand that it won't
work right without it.
Thanks for everything
Eric 48 Carryall