Re: [oletrucks] Headlight Switch Wiring

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Headlight Switch Wiring
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:54:20 -0500 (CDT)
>Could somebody tell me, maybe in a clockwise fashion around the headlight
>switch, what each terminal gets connected to.  I took mine apart almost 4
>years ago and I lost my drawing that I made and I certainly don't remember
>what wires connect to each terminal.  Thanks.
>

>Terry Stellman
>1949 3600
>Missouri City, Texas

Don't know what year you're looking for, but the following is for a '57
(Part No. 3720900).

Looking up from the bottom of the switch, going clockwise, starting at the
switch shaft:

Gray, Instrument Panel Lights PL
Lt. Blue, Headlamp, H
Violet, Parking Lamp PK
You should now be at the fuse
Red, Battery, B
Orange, Stop Lamp S
Ribbed, Dome Lamp D
Black, Tail Lamp T
Plain, dome lamp ground GRD

The dome light harness is separate from the main light harness.

This is from Section 12, Sheet 20.00 of the assembly manual.  It was drawn
in Dec '54 so it should apply to any of the Task Force trucks.

This generally matches with the less clear diagrams in my '57 shop manual.

If you need, I can scan the page and e-mail it to you.

Bruce Kettunen
'57 small window short box 3100.
Mt. Iron, MN