[oletrucks] FW: Rear Shock Mounts

To: "oletrucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] FW: Rear Shock Mounts
From: "Tom Burt" <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:26:28 -0700
My rear axle on my '57 does not have shock mounting brackets.  It is assumed
that the previous mounting brackets were mounted at the U-bolt location.  I
have seen photos of other projects such as '59s that have rear shocks
mounted at the U-bolts and at the frame cross-member over the axle.  This
seems like the standard.
1.) Is this an original config. or is this a mod for the TFs?
2.) If original, were the cross-member shock mounts riveted?
3.) Anybody out there converting and would like to sell their shock mount
brackets?

T. Burt '57 3200 Stepside