[oletrucks] Off Subject: Humor

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Subject: Humor
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 21:01:05 EST
Back before the "ole trucks" list got so large, I used to send jokes to the
list.  After it got as big as it is, I quit. . .is it still allowed?  Anyway,
here's one to test the waters. . .

This came from a United Airlines pilot:

The German controllers at Frankfurt Airport are infamous for being a
short tempered lot. They not only expect you to know your  parking
location but also how to get there without any assistance from them. So it
was with some amusement that we (United 747) listened to the
following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and the pilot of a
British Airways 747 (callsign  Speedbird 206).

  Speedbird: "Good morning Frankfurt, Speedbird 206, clear of the
active."

  Ground: "Guten morgan, taxi to your gate."  The BA 747 pulls onto the
main taxiway and stops.

  Ground (brusquely): "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

  Speedbird: "Standby ground, I'm looking up the gate location now."

  Ground (with typical German impatience):  "Speedbird 206, have you
never been to Frankfurt before?"

  Speedbird (coolly): "Yes, several times in 1944, but I didn't stop."